Welcome to the Walker College of Business Academic Advising Center
DUE TO CONSTRUCTION IN PEACOCK HALL THIS SUMMER, THE WCOB ADVISING CENTER WILL BE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC ON TUESDAYS, WEDNESDAYS AND THURSDAYS ONLY FROM MAY 11 THROUGH AUGUST 10. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
The Walker College of Business Academic Advising Center is a centralized advising center staffed by professional advisors and records specialists who serve current and prospective BSBA majors, BA-Economics majors and other students taking business courses at Appalachian State University. The center is located in 2126 Peacock Hall (formerly Raley Hall), which is just inside the Marshall A. Croom Student Services Center. Students can visit the center for assistance with academic planning, registration assistance and senior checks. Students who have declared a BSBA degree or a BA-ECO degree should refer to the "COB Advising Handbook" tab at the top of this page for information about advising in the Walker College of Business.
(all dates subject to change)
Computer Proficiency Test
(Registration June 1-19)
SS2 First Day of Class
June 30-July 1
Last Day to Drop a SS2 Class
Last Day of SS2 Class
Fall 2015 First Day of Class
Click HERE for a more comprehensive list of changes for the 2015-2016 catalog and previous catalogs.
2015-2016 Course Number Changes
- ENG 1000 changing to RC 1000
- ENG 2001 changing to RC 2001
- MGT 3060 changing to ENT 3060
- MGT 3190 changing to ENT 3190
- MGT 3600 changing to ENT 3600
- MGT 3650 changing to ENT 3650
- MGT 4650 changing to ENT 4650
- MGT 4680 changing to ENT 4680
- ACC 3560 - prerequisite changed to ACC 3100 with min. grade of C-
- ACC 4560 - prerequisite changed to ACC 3100 with min. grade of C-
- ACC 4730 - prerequisite changed to ACC 3100 with min. grade of C-
- ACC 4760 - prerequisite changed to ACC 3100 with min. grade of C-
- CIS 3580 - prerequisite change to CIS 3250 as a prereq or coreq
- CIS 3680 - prerequisite change to CIS 3250 as a prereq or coreq
- CIS 3750 - prerequisite change to CIS 3250 as a prereq or coreq
- ECO 3610 - prerequisite changed to ECO 2030 with a min. grade of C-
- ECO 2200 - prerequisite changed to one of the following: ECO 2100, STT 2810 or STT 2820
- ACC 3590 - Assessing Sustainability in a Global Business Environment - counts as ACC major elective and Global Issues requirement
- ENT 3520 - Instructional Assistant
- ENT 3530-3549 - Selected Topics
- ENT 3900 - Internship
- ENT 4530-4549 - Selected Topics
- ENT 4500 - Independent Study
- FIN 3720 - Group Benefits Management (fall only)
- FIN 3730 - Health Care Financing (spring only)
- FIN 3545 - Tycoons, Titans & Blaggards - counts as COB Elective, F&B Set 2 Elective and RMI major Elective
- ACC 4760 removed as an option for the required auditing course in the accounting major
- FIN 3030 can count as a F&B Set 2 Elective (approved to count retroactively to previous catalogs as well.
- New "Employee Benefits" minor added - available to all majors on a 2015-2016 or later catalog.
2014-2015 Course Number Changes
- ECO 4630 changing to ECO 3630
- FIN 3071 changing to FIN 3100
- FIN 3072 changing to FIN 3600
- FIN 3073 changing to FIN 4600
(also prereq change)
- FIN 3075 changing to FIN 4800
(also prereq change)
- FIN 4570 changes to FIN 4950
2014-2015 Course Prerequisite Changes
- MGT 3650 - prerequisite of MGT 3060 removed
- MGT 4680 - prerequisite changed from MGT 4650 and min. grade of C in WID to MGT 3060 and min. grade of C in WID
- MGT 4650 - prerequisite changed from MGT 3060 and min. grade of C in WID to MGT 3060, MKT 3050, FIN 3680 and min. grade of C in WID
Fall 2014 Selected Topics
- FIN 3545-101 (Tycoons, Titan Founders, Financiers) can count as follows: F&B Set 2 Elective, RMI major elective or COB elective. This is not a COB Honors course.
- MGT 4530 (Business and the Environment) will count as a major elective for the Management major (Fall 2014 onward), Manangement major with a General Management concentration (prior to Fall 2014) and the Management major with an Entrepreneurship concentration (Fall 2007-Summer 2014)
Spring 2014 Selected Topics
- FIN 3545-410 (Tycoons, Titans & Blaggards) can count as follows: F&B Set 2 Elective, RMI major elective, or COB elective (COB Honors course).
- MGT 3542 (Entrepreneurship in Panama) can count as a MGT-ENT major elective or a MGT-GEN major elective or a COB elective or a 3000/4000 level free elective.