Welcome to the Walker College of Business Academic Advising Center
The Walker College of Business Academic Advising Center is a centralized advising center staffed by professional advisors and records specialists who serve current and prospective business majors and other students taking business courses at Appalachian State University. The center is located in 2126 Raley Hall, which is just inside the Marshall A. Croom Student Services Center. Business majors can visit the center for assistance with academic planning, registration assistance and graduation audits.
(all dates subject to change)
Last Day to Drop a Full Semester Course
(if Career Drops still available)
Early Registration for Summer and Fall 2014
March 25-April 7
Computer Proficiency Test
May 1 (Registration April 4-23)
Last Day of Classes
Last Day to Apply for Spring Graduation
May 8th (April 4th is the last day to apply and get your name in the program)
Click HERE for a more comprehensive list of changes for the 2014-2015 catalog and previous catalogs.
2014-2015 Course Number Changes
- ECO 4630 changing to ECO 3630
- FIN 3071 changing to FIN 3100
- FIN 3072 changing to FIN 3600
- FIN 3073 changing to FIN 4600
(also prereq change)
- FIN 3075 changing to FIN 4800
(also prereq change)
- FIN 4570 changes to FIN 4950
2014-2015 Course Prerequisite Changes
- MGT 3650 - MGT 3060 prerequisite removed
- MGT 4680 - prerequisite changed from MGT 4650 and min. grade of C in WID to MGT 3060 and min. grade of C in WID
- MGT 4650 - prerequisite changed from MGT 3060 and min. grade of C in WID to MGT 3060, MKT 3050, FIN 3680 and min. grade of C in WID
Fall 2014 Selected Topics
- FIN 3545-101 (Tycoons, Titan Founders, Financiers) can coun as follows: F&B Set 2 Elective, RMI major elective or COB elective. This is not a COB Honors course.
- MGT 4530 (Business and the Environment) will count as a major elective for the Management major (Fall 2014 onward), Manangement major with a General Management concentration (prior to Fall 2014) and the Management major with an Entrepreneurship concentration (Fall 2007-Summer 2014)
Spring 2014 Selected Topics
- FIN 3545-410 (Tycoons, Titans & Blaggards) can count as follows: F&B Set 2 Elective, RMI major elective, or COB elective (COB Honors course).
- MGT 3542 (Entrepreneurship in Panama) can count as a MGT-ENT major elective or a MGT-GEN major elective or a COB elective or a 3000/4000 level free elective.