Welcome to the Walker College of Business Academic Advising Center
The Walker College of Business Academic Advising Center is a centralized advising center staffed by professional advisors and records specialists who serve current and prospective business majors and other students taking business courses at Appalachian State University. The center is located in 2126 Peacock Hall (formerly Raley Hall), which is just inside the Marshall A. Croom Student Services Center. Business majors can visit the center for assistance with academic planning, registration assistance and graduation audits.
(all dates subject to change)
Registration for Summer Session Two
Through July 7
First Day of Class for Summer Session Two
Last Day to Drop a Summer Session Two class
Last Day of Class for Summer Session Two
Repeat Forms Due for any Outstanding Repeat
Registration for Fall 2014 courses
Through August 25
Computer Proficiency Test
August 18 and 19 (register 7/21 through 8/8)
First Day of Class for Fall 2014
Click HERE for a more comprehensive list of changes for the 2014-2015 catalog and previous catalogs.
2014-2015 Course Number Changes
- ECO 4630 changing to ECO 3630
- FIN 3071 changing to FIN 3100
- FIN 3072 changing to FIN 3600
- FIN 3073 changing to FIN 4600
(also prereq change)
- FIN 3075 changing to FIN 4800
(also prereq change)
- FIN 4570 changes to FIN 4950
2014-2015 Course Prerequisite Changes
- MGT 3650 - MGT 3060 prerequisite removed
- MGT 4680 - prerequisite changed from MGT 4650 and min. grade of C in WID to MGT 3060 and min. grade of C in WID
- MGT 4650 - prerequisite changed from MGT 3060 and min. grade of C in WID to MGT 3060, MKT 3050, FIN 3680 and min. grade of C in WID
Fall 2014 Selected Topics
- FIN 3545-101 (Tycoons, Titan Founders, Financiers) can count as follows: F&B Set 2 Elective, RMI major elective or COB elective. This is not a COB Honors course.
- MGT 4530 (Business and the Environment) will count as a major elective for the Management major (Fall 2014 onward), Manangement major with a General Management concentration (prior to Fall 2014) and the Management major with an Entrepreneurship concentration (Fall 2007-Summer 2014)
Spring 2014 Selected Topics
- FIN 3545-410 (Tycoons, Titans & Blaggards) can count as follows: F&B Set 2 Elective, RMI major elective, or COB elective (COB Honors course).
- MGT 3542 (Entrepreneurship in Panama) can count as a MGT-ENT major elective or a MGT-GEN major elective or a COB elective or a 3000/4000 level free elective.